Data modes are at the cutting edge of radio communications, making maximum use of the limited and precious band space. And with modes like FT8 and PSK31, you will be amazed how it is possible to pull signals out of the noise and decode them 100% when normal voice communications are impossible.
Presently available ham radio sound card software, the Unicom Interface, a radio and a computer is the easy and modern way to operate all available data modes such as PSK31, PSK63, PSK125, FT8, MFSK8, MFSK16, MT63, THROB, Feld Hellschriber, PSK Hellschriber, FM Hellschriber, Duplo Hellschriber, Concurrent MT Hellschriber, Sequential MT Hellschriber, SSTV, FAX, WEFAX, RTTY, AMTOR/SITOR, ASCII, PACTOR, G-TOR, HF and VHF PACKET, APRS, CW, SSB Contest Voice Keying, FSK, WSJT FSK441, WSJT JT44, JTMS, ISCAT, JT6M, JT65, JT4, JT9, QRA64, FT4, CW High-Speed Meteor Scatter, NAVTEX, Q15X25, Olivia, Contestia, Domino and many others.
By default, the Unicom Interface is supplied with 2 x audio cables fitted with 3.5 mm stereo jacks and the USB A/B premium cable fitted with ferrite chokes.
The radio cable is supplied separately. All our radio cables made for the Unicom Interface are fully screened and of top quality, professionally pre-wired and tested. Each cable connects directly between your radio and the interface. Each cable features a standard DB15M connector at one end and the appropriate plugs for the specific radio model on the other end. Unicom Interface works with any radio available on the market of all brands such as Alinco, Codan, Elecraft, FlexRadio, Icom, JRC, Kenwood, Recent, Ten-Tec, Vertex, Xiegu, Yaesu, etc. We can build and supply top-quality custom-made radio cables for any available HF / VHF / UHF desktop, mobile or handheld transceiver, receiver, scanner, or even a repeater. All you need is to tell us the model of your radio while ordering the interface.
- Compatible with any radio by ordering a fully assembled detachable radio cable.
- Compatible with every soundcard-equipped computer.
- Works with every present or future HAM radio soundcard-based data mode software.
- Works with every present or future CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) control software.
- Works with every present or future radio programming or firmware upgrading software.
- Properly matched and easily precise adjustable audio to any radio.
- Advanced circuit design and cable shielding for RFI product suppression.
- Bidirectional transformer isolation of input and output audio signals.
- Galvanic isolation of PTT, CW, SQL and FSK (RTTY) signals through the USB digital isolator.
- Positive and fully automatic PTT control supported by almost all HAM radio programs.
- True FSK keying output for direct RTTY keying of your radio through the Virtual COM-Port.
- True CW keying output for direct CW keying of your radio through the Virtual COM-Port.
- Independent Squelch input (CTS line of the Virtual Com-Port).
- Two independent RX audio channels.
- Complete front panel LED indication.
- Comfortable front panel precise adjustment of all audio channels.
- Ability to use an external PTT pedal.
- Ability to use an external electronic CW keyer.
- Ability to use a VOX function of your transceiver instead of PTT control.
- No external power supply needed, great for portable or QRP installations.
- High-quality and professionally designed fiberglass printed circuit board.
- Convenient, small, light and durable metal case.
- Box Dimensions: 128 x 68 x 27 mm. Weight: 280g (without cables).
- Highest quality pre-wired and tested cables to fit any available radio on the market.
Please click here to read more about the interface.