The industrial-grade DTEx Fire Fighter Series is designed and approved to meet the latest MED standard implementation regulation MED / 5.20 and the European ATEX directive.
The ultra-durable fire-red coloured DTEx Series sets the benchmark for next-generation MED compliant Firefighter radios. Standard features include high visibility OLED display, high torque ergonomic controls designed for gloved-hand use, and industry-leading IP68 2 m 4 hours submersible rating, to provide 100% reliability and usability even in the most extreme conditions.
- 173 Channels, 3 Zones (INT, USA, CAN)
- IP68 Submersible (2 m, 4 hours)
- MILSTD construction 810 C / D / E / F / G
- High capacity Li-Ion battery
- Exceptionally loud and best clarity audio – in class
- Display channel number and frequency
- Programmable buttons
- Gold plated accessory connector
- Locking accessory connector
- Accessory audio tailoring optimises audio for each accessory
- Easy to read, high contrast white on black OLED display
- Drag and drop end-user programmer, no need to visit site
- Frequency Range: VHF 156 – 163.275 MHz
- Channels: Marine INT / USA and Canadian
- Battery: CNB950EV2 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion
- Overall Dimensions: 138 x 60 x 38 mm
- Frequency Stability: ± 0.5 ppm
- Operating Voltage: 7.4 V
- Programmable Buttons: 5
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz
- Battery Endurance (5/5/90 – Analog Mode): 12 hours
- Output Power: 3.9 Watts
- Ex Protection: ATEX II 2G Ex ib IIB T4 Gb
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Dust and Liquid Ingress: IP68 (2 m 4 h Submersible)
Channels: The DT844FF VHF Marine can operate in either USA / INT / CAN modes or a simple custom channel line-up, for example 6,16,15,17,69,72.
Environmental Protection to IP68 (2 meters for 4 hours): The DT844FF offers the highest submersibility rating of any manufacturer. This protects against corrosion, withstanding total immersion in water to a depth of 2 meters for 4 hours to protect against the likely hazards encountered in extremely wet environments.
Robust Accessory Socket: DT844FF accessory socket has been specifically designed so that when an accessory is secured to the portable, the connection can withstand any amount of punishment; from dropping to careless misuse. The rugged, multi-pin interface and Micro-USB socket are both submersible and gold-plated to minimize any risk of damage and protect against corrosion. To ensure the integrity of IS protection levels any accessory connected to the handset automatically undergoes a validation process to safeguard against non-compliant accessories being used. All DT844FF accessories incorporate a robust locking connector to further safeguard the safety of the user.
High Contrast White on Black OLED Display: The DT844FF model benefits from a high contrast white on black OLED display that delivers superior readability in varying light conditions adding to the DT844FF’s intuitive user interface.
Li-Ion Battery Technology and Improved Talk Time: DT844FF radios are supplied with the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology as standard. One key advantage of Lithium-Ion battery technology is the way it eliminates the «memory effect», meaning that there is no need to fully discharge your battery before recharging. As a result of this, you are assured of a full charge each and every time you take your Entel battery from its charger.
Superior Audio: DT844FF portables deliver loud and crisp audio no matter what environment you are in. All of the DT844FF’s range of accessories incorporate a robust locking plug and high-grade cable and benefit from Entel’s proprietary «Smart Speech Tailoring» technology. This automatically detects the type of accessory connected and optimizes the audio accordingly to deliver the very best performance.
Simple Onboard Reprogramming App: With our free, unique and simple to use PC app, you can easily re-program DT844FF radios whilst still on board. The user-friendly app makes it easy to drag and drop a new programming file from an email to your DT844FF radio(s). This is a simple and seamless process that can be carried out by non-technical personnel.
Keylock: To avoid accidental operation, your radio’s keys and controls can be locked.