The Lab599 Discovery TX-500 covers 160-6 meters amateur radio bands, all modes, with a maximum power output of 10 W. It comes with true desktop-radio features, like auto-notch, noise reduction, and RX/TX EQ. The transceiver has a built-in fast panadapter, for easier search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions wherever you are, at any time.
The Lab599 Discovery unique form-factor allows you to operate from anywhere. The transceiver is only 30 mm thick, including knobs, weighing only 0.55 kg. Fold out the kickstands at the rear for use on a desktop or picnic table.
Discovery TX-500 has 11 discrete RF bandpass filters. The RF signal is only passed through one of the band-pass filters — any out-of-range signals are rejected.
The transceiver features a built-in high-performance panadapter, for better search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions — wherever you are, at any time.
The transceiver’s body is made of durable aluminum by the method of precision milling, to ensure a unique shock protection and provide good heat removal from the output part of the transmitter.
To achieve high sensitivity of the transceiver, separate functional units are isolated from mutual influence and external interference by partitioning walls installed in the device case.
Thanks to the liquid-protected housing and the absence of through-holes, spatter resistant plugs, valcoders with sealing rings, the transceiver will work reliably in extreme conditions, giving you real pleasure from traveling.
The case is also covered with a layer of black anodizing substance, to maintain an attractive appearance for a long time, even during extreme operation.
Discovery TX-500 ultra-compact HF transceiver from Lab599 is tailored for adventure, for extremes, for using in places unattainable before, with no sacrifice of performance or features. Discovery TX-500 — portablehighly energy-efficient transceiver. In receive mode, current drain can be as low as 100 mA — a unique feature on the market. Transmit efficiency is also excellent, with improved battery life.
- 160-6-meter amateur radio bands
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 – 56.0 MHz
- All Modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal)
- External power supply DC 9-15V, 1 to 3A typical in transmit
- High-contrast LCD with 256 × 128 px
- High-performance real-time panadapter (48 kHz wide)
- On-line firmware updates
- Rear folding kickstands for viewing angle and transportation
- Ultra-Compact Size: 90 mm (3.5″) × 207 mm (8.1″) × 21 mm (0.8 “)
- Weight: 0.55 kg (19,4 oz)
- Sensitivity: Noise Floor (MDS), 500 Hz
- DSP Filter: –141 dBm (14 MHz, Preamp-on)
- Blocking Gain Compression Dynamic Range, 500 Hz BW: 129 dB (14 MHz, 2 kHz offset, Preamp-off)
- Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range: 14 MHz, 20 / 5 / 2 kHz, offset: 119 / 108 / 106 dB
- Quadrature down-sampling mixer compatible with PC-based SDR (software defined radio) applications
- Receiver I / Q outputs for PC soundcard
- Switchable low-noise preamp and attenuator
- 3-band receive audio equalizer
- 4 adjustable digital filters
- Automatic notch filtering
- Adjustable noise reduction and noise blanking
- Audio output ext. speaker, 3W typ
- Adjustable output, 1 to 10W PEP
- Rugged, SWR and temperature-protected final amplifier stage
- Carrier Suppression > 50 dB typ
- Harmonic / Spurious Outputs > 50dB below carrier
- CW Sidetone / Transmit offset 400 – 1200 Hz, adjustable
- Speaker-microphone with PTT
- 3-band microphone audio equalizer
- 2 adjustable digital filters
- DSP RF speech processing for excellent ‘punch’
- Internal CW keyer with 10-300 СPM range
- 100 general-purpose memories store VFOs, modes, etc
- CW keyer memory with 4 cells for 20 seconds each
- Voice message memory with 2 cells for 20 seconds each
- Computer control via USB
- Full remote-control command set (with kenwood emulates)
- One-click online firmware upgrades (with free PC software)
- CW adapter (3.5 mm jack)
- Additional connector GX12 type, 7 pins
- CAT cable for on-line software update
- Headset and mic adapter with PTT (3.5 mm jack)
- Power cable for external power source DC 9 -15V (battery not included)