• Compatible with every soundcard equipped computer.
• Works with every present or future HAM radio soundcard program.
• Properly matched audio to your radio.
• Advanced circuit design and cable shielding for RFI product suppression.
• Bidirectional transformer isolation of input and output audio signals.
• Optical isolation of PTT signal through the optocoupler.
• Positive and fully automatic PTT control supported by almost all HAM programs.
• High quality and professionally designed fiberglass printed circuit board.
• High quality factory molded connectors.
• High quality and stylish inline screwed flat box for PCB.
• No external power supply needed, great for portable or QRP installations.
• Robust and light cable, excellent for both - portable and shack use.
Input and output audio signals from the radio to the computer and vice versa are supplied through 1:1 bidirectional audio transformers for proper isolation of the circuit.
Positive and fully automatic PTT control is supplied from the computer to the radio from USB port through the circuit based on the Prolific PL-2303HX USB to Serial Bridge Controller and the optocoupler for proper optical isolation between your computer and the radio.
PTT control uses RTS line in the virtual COM port created after driver installation. PTT line provides +5 VDC by virtue of a corresponding voltage stabilizer implemented into the USB to Serial Bridge Controller circuit.
PL-2303HX provides a convenient solution for connecting the PTT line to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port. PL-2303HX highly compatible drivers could simulate the traditional COM port on most operating systems allowing the existing data mode programs based on COM port to easily migrate and be made USB ready. By taking advantage of USB bulk transfer mode, large data buffers, and automatic flow control, PL-2303HX is capable of achieving higher throughput compared to traditional UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter) ports.
Presently available ham radio sound card software, this cable, a radio and a computer is the easy and modern way to operate: B(Q)PSK31/63/125/250/500, PSK10, PSKFEC31, PSKAM10/31/50, PSK63F, PSK220F, MFSK8, MFSK16, MT63, THROB, Feld Hellschriber, PSK Hellschriber, FM Hellschriber, Duplo Hellschriber, Concurrent MT Hellschriber, Sequential MT Hellschriber, SSTV, HDSSTV, FAX, WEFAX, SYNOP, RTTY, AMTOR/SITOR, ASCII, PACTOR, G-TOR, HF and VHF PACKET, APRS, CCW, SSB Contest Voice Keying, FSK, WSJT FSK441, WSJT JT44, WSJT JT65, WSJT JT6M, WSJT EME Echo, CW High Speed Meteor Scatter, NAVTEX, Q15X25, DTMF, Olivia, Domino F/DF/EX, Chip 64/128, Contestia, Echo-Link and many others.
As mentioned above the PTT line of this cable communicates directly with a computer through the USB port. A physical Serial Port connection is not needed since the Prolific drivers emulate a virtual Serial (COM) Port which communicates with a radio at the required TTL voltage levels. The drivers for various operating systems are available at the Prolific website [www.prolific.com.tw] or could be supplied on a CD along with the cable. IT’S STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO READ THE MANUAL ENTIRELY, AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT SAFETY AND HANDLING INFORMATION. DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MISUSE OR MODIFICATION OF THIS CABLE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS CABLE FIRST CHECK THE APPROPRIATE SECTION OF THE MANUAL. IF YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED BY READING THE MANUAL, YOU MAY CONTACT US BY EMAIL, OR TELEPHONE. SEND A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PROBLEM, AN EXPLANATION OF EXACTLY HOW YOU ARE USING THE CABLE.